CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

TGI-Thursday

      Not much new going on here other than my hubby and I joined a gym and I love it. I feel sooooo
good after working out, I just can't believe it. So far I have been averaging 3 times a week, which is
about how often I had in mind to go, maybe shoot for 4 times a week.  It is hard since I have been working so much at my part time job, but that should slow down as soon as they get someone else hired. I am just going to get in shape and tone up a little. I would love to have awesome abs and better toned arms, but I am not sure if I am dedicated enough to get there...my hubby is helping me and he has been great. 
     
My step daughter is on the track team fro the first time this year(she is in 7th grade)  Her first meet is Monday April 5th and I am supe rexcited to see her compete. I think if she is dedicated enough that this will be a sport that she can really excel in. She seems to really like it.
    
So wondering about the title, funny little story behind TGIT. During my time in the U.S. Navy, I did a six month deployment on board the USS Abraham Lincoln an done of the ports that we frequented was Jebel Ali, a port town, located 35 kilometres southwest of the city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)).
Anyway it has been 12 years since I have been there so I don't remember all the exact details but there were some weird laws about drinking and where alcohol was serveed. So a group of my friends and I  decided to go to Fridays thinking we could drink there....no alcohol there. We were then told to try this other place called...(can you guess?) TGI Thursdays...so we went after we ate at Fridays and they did indeed serve alcohol....just made us some happy sailors!

1 comment:

Katie S said...

Stephanie- Send me an email and I will send you some websites where you can get free backgrounds...

You commented on my blog, but your email address is not linked to your blog so I can't send you an email...

ktdietrich@yahoo.com